Project Management Professional (PMP) is a globally accredited certification for Project Management Professionals. Getting a PMP means that the individual is qualified with project management skills and has demonstrable experience in the relevant arena. This is one of the highly aspired accreditation for Project Management Professionals. The issuing authority of the certification is Project Management Institute (PMI). Globally, there are 750,000+ active PMP certified professionals across 210 countries.
What Benefit PMP could provide
These are the benefits of getting accredited by PMI for PMP which sets you apart from your compatriots who did prefer to go with it
- Sets you apart- In the whole crowd of Project Management professionals, this certification will differentiate you from the rest getting worldwide recognition
- Performance – The learning regarding the skills could impact and improve your project management performance
- Employability – This leads to easy identification of employers regarding their most preferred target
- Salary – Getting a PMP accreditation dramatically increases your salary package
- Evaluation of Enterprises – Getting PMP certified Project Managers on the job means, the company which employed them is following high quality standards and industry best practices
Best target audience for this course
This course will be a fit for the professionals in the below roles as it could raise their professional standards – Project Managers, Team Leads/ Managers, Project Engineers, Project Executives, Developers aspiring for project management, etc.
Eligibility to apply for a PMP exam
The exam is solemnly based on the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK). According to which the prerequisites are either of the following
- Secondary degree (diploma, associate degree or any global equivalent to it) + 7,500 hours of leading and directing projects +35 hours of Project Management Education.
- 4- year degree + 4,500 hours of leading and directing projects + 35 hours of project management education
The PMP certified candidates are the ones who satisfy the above criteria and passing with the required score in the exam.
How will the exam look like?
The PMP exam is based on the PMBOK and PMP code of Ethics. The exam is a closed book which constitutes of 200 questions which test you on the 5 performance domains- Project Initiation, Project Planning, Project Execution, Project Monitoring and Control and Closing a project.
About Project Management Institute (PMI)
PMI is a US based non-profit organization for project management. PMI provides a various set of services including development of standards, education, research, publication, accreditation in project management, hosting conferences and seminars, etc. The world renowned credential offered by PMI is PMP. The other credentials offered by PMI includes: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP), PMI- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI- ACP), PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA), PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI- RMP) and PMI certified OPM3 Professional.
If one has the time and aspiration to lead a project satisfying the pre-requisites mandated, then this is a course which one can prefer.